Volunteers are essential for the Community Health Clinic to provide quality healthcare services to patients. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please see the Volunteer Opportunities page to view our available volunteer positions.
- All volunteers must:
- be at least 18 years of age and out of high school
- submit a Volunteer application
- submit to a criminal background check.
- Office assistants work with a team leader to prepare charts, answer the phone, filing and many more tasks necessary for a medical clinic.
- Translators are the key to communication for many of our patients. Without you many of our patients cannot receive the care they need.
- Nurses serve both the patients and the provider, being the first medical person seen by the patient and relaying important information to the provider.
- Student Nurses are welcome and serve in a similar role as nurse, under the guidance of a nurse.
- Providers can be medical doctors, nurse practitioners or physician assistants. All work with a team of volunteers to give the best quality care possible for our patients.
- Fundraising and events coordinator.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I shadow a doctor or nurse practitioner?
- Due to a lack of space and patient privacy issues, we do not typically accept requests to shadow our providers.
Will I be able to participate in direct patient care?
- Due to liability purposes, we do not allow volunteers without medical training and credentialing to participate in direct patient care.
Are there any volunteer openings right now?
- Yes, We are always looking for new volunteers. Our openings vary based on the needs of the clinic and skills of the volunteer. Please download and complete the Volunteer Application, which is linked below, and return to our Volunteer Coordinator via email at Jeniffer@chc-mckinney.com