Part-Time Front Office Assistant
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Scheduling, patient intake, data entry, filing and handling telephone calls/messages and other tasks/projects as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create a friendly, comfortable setting in which the patient can feel supported and cared for while waiting to be seen by the clinic’s medical staff.
- Assemble charts (paper or EHR) for new and follow up patients and file charts at the end of shift.
- Input data information in the computer as needed.
- Obtain changes of demographic information as needed.
- Answer telephone calls.
- Check-in patients.
- Triage, register and schedule new patient appointments; renew current patient applications.
- Make sure messages for the Community Health Clinic staff are handled, called or emailed to the ED or Clinic Manager.
- Collate patient lab results for NP or MD review.
- Provide assistance as needed or directed to the clinic’s clients by scheduling appointments with specialists and making patient reminder calls.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- Some evenings may be required.
- Be compassionate and believe in our mission of serving the medically under-served.
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills in person and over the telephone.
- Has proficiency in computer programs/typing skills. Microsoft Office a must.
- Understands how to ask for help when situations or problems present which are beyond their ability or knowledge.
- Exhibits a willingness to learn new skills.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.